BACK HOME

MATERIALS THAT WE SUPPLY

CONTACT US

OUR LOCATION

Company History Page 2

As War broke out in 1939 Ken & Bert were called up leaving Steve's, two nephews, Gerald Webb and Thomas Clark, and Teddy Eden from Tredington to operate the business, which grew rapidly providing haulage and materials for Atherstone & Moreton Aerodromes.

 

   Picture above, Peter the dog on Guard.

Being an entrepreneur, Steve then had canvas covered metal framed "tops" constructed for the lorry beds, and with the help of wooden benches and ladders, that hooked over the tailboards, managed to create public transport around the local area, evenings and weekends.

Phyllis Webb sitting in Canvas top . 

This became so popular that towards the end of the war, a real Chevrolet wooden slatted seats 20 seater Charabanc was acquired, which led to the expansion of the business into what was in its heyday, in the late 60's, a 10 vehicle coach operation.

                                                               

NEXT PAGE CLICK HERE

Webbs of Armscote Ltd.