BACK HOME

MATERIALS THAT WE SUPPLY

CONTACT US

OUR LOCATION

Company History

Welcome to Webbs of Armscote ltd, A 3rd Generation family run independent Haulier and Aggregate supply business founded in 1920 on this site.

Snug Cottages, originally a Farm is where Richard Stephen Webb, known throughout his life as "Steve", formed the business initially as a general carrier using a horse and cart, on what we would now term multi-drop, distributing goods that had arrived at Ettington Station, around the local area, to shops, farms and businesses.

Pictured above, Steve's father, Tom Webb.

This then developed into the supply and carriage for Warwickshire County Council for road making materials, the original 6"cube pitching stone which was hand laid, and then the broken stone for a topping.

With the increasing popularity of the internal combustion engine, Model A & T Fords and Chevrolet 30 Cwt single wheeled trucks were put into service, driven by Steve's sons, Ken, Bert, Ronald ( known all his life as "Tip").

Ken Webb Standing beside a Chevrolet 30 cwt Single wheeled truck.

NEXT PAGE CLICK HERE

Webbs of Armscote Ltd.